A visit to the folks today and a walk around St.Fillans
First mission of the day was to visit 'crocodile rock' which sits beside the old railway line. We've passed this plenty of times but today we decided to get a closer look.
The next mission was to visit the spot where we scattered Nanas ashes back in 1980.
Final stop of the day was an unexpected find, as Mum remembered about an old graveyard near the path towards Dunira estate. Once we'd explored the graves we came upon an old bottle/pottery dump where we spent an hour digging and searching. We found a few old bottles which Dad put in the garage to give them a good wash. More about them later.
The Dundas family of Dunira have a private burial ground on the estate
containing 12 graves and memorials, the last burial being that of Sir Robert
Dundas (1881-1981). The small walled graveyard is surrounded by yew trees on the
edge of the forest to the west of Dunira. Four baronets of the Dundas family are
buried in the cemetery. Among the females are Adele Blanche Dundas b 1902 d 1974
and her infant sister Lucy Catherine Dundas b 1884 d 1885 (She died on a ship on
its way to India). They were the daughters of Matilda Louisa Mary Dundas b 1859
d 1945. There are also grave stones bearing the names of Dorothea Emily Victoria
Wiseman, Lady Dundas, b 1887 d 1963 and Catherine Margaret Whyte Melville, Lady
Dundas b 1820 d 1856. Another stone bears the name of Georgiana Catherine Dundas
b 1843 d 1854. It would seem that the cemetery was only used from about 1820.